It is the Friday Feature Follow!
Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (links above) and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Is there a book that you were required to read in school that you actually loved? – Natalie Hearts Books
Yes! There were several, actually. Thinking back to the required readings makes me realize just how many books we read through the years. Unfortunately, it’s the most that some will read in their lifetime. 😦
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
- The Outsiders
- The Giver
9th/10th Grade (I had the same teacher both years, so they kinda blur together)
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- And Then There Were None / Ten Little Indians
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- A Farewell to Arms – I didn’t love, but I really, really liked
- Julius Ceasar
- Ender’s Game
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
12th Grade (Ironically, this was my favorite English teacher and I can’t remember what we read!)
- A Streetcar Named Desire
- King Lear
- Cannery Row
- Looking for Alaska
- He Forgot to Say Goodbye
- The Hunger Games – strictly from the teaching standpoint I mentioned here
- Monster – Walter Dean Meyers is now a go-to for my male students
- The Remains of the Day
- various short stories from anthologies