Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. For the list of past topics and future schedule, click here.
Page to Screen
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham – 1963 (Book | Trailer) – They did an excellent job trying to recreate the time period and matching the characters up. It followed the story line of the book almost exactly.
- The Hunger Games (Book | Trailer) – I read Hunger Games long before the movies. When it did come along, the movie did a fantastic job representing the struggles of the people and contrasting Districts 1 and 2. I didn’t know how they were going to do the dress or the arena, but they did a pretty stellar job with that cinematically.
- Matilda (Book | Trailer) –
- Twilight (Book | Trailer) – The book was better. Many of the characters didn’t seem to match up well. There was a lot of awkwardness and the actual filming didn’t seem to be very good quality.
Read Before Watching
- Wonder (Book | Trailer) – There are a lot of things left out in the movie that you need to know to make sense of certain things. You need to read the book before you watch the movie.
- Harry Potter (series) (Books | Trailers) – There is SO much of so many subplots left out of the movies. It is just the tip of the iceberg of the books. The books give the full depth and connect all the details and dots and plots.
Books I Want to Read Now
- Punky Brewster (Books | Cartoons) – When I was little, I watched some of the cartoons. I thought it was a movie, but I guess it was only a few episodes. I LOVED the cartoons. I didn’t know they were books, so now I want to go back and read them.
- The Help (Book | Trailer) – I watched the movie when it came out in 2011. It was a wonderful film and I have watched it again several times. I loved the three main characters and each of their own stories. I believe it followed the book closely, but I still haven’t read it. But I’m going to!
- The Lion, The Witch, & the Wardrobe (Book | Trailer) – I never read the books growing up and I only watched some of the movie years ago, but I definitely want to get around to reading the book. I may not watch the movie in its entirety, but I do want to read the book.
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Page to Screen”
OOh nice breakdown! Haven’t seen/read all of these but agreeing with some of them! Lol!
Here’s my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
The Help was such a good book. You must read it.