Merry Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Lillian @ Mom With a Reading Problem during the month of December to celebrate Christmas and the holiday season. Each week a different topic centered around the holidays will be discussed. This is my first year participating, and I’m trying to catch up on my missed Mondays.
Monday, January 2nd
Today’s Topic: 2017 New Year’s Resolutions
Has it come to this? The year I thought I’d get away…*sigh*. Apparently I did do NYRs last year. Whoooooops! Let’s revisit those and see how I did.
Resolutions from Last Year
Bookish & Bloggish
- Read one book per week. While I didn’t read one book each week, I read an average of one book per week.
Complete Alphabet Soup and NetGalley challenges.
- Complete the 40 Book Challenge at school. (Ends in June) Ummm…I changed some of the categories and got close.
- Participate in quarterly BINGO type games. While I don’t fill in my card each month/quarter like I secretly hope, I enjoy playing and played all year!
- Write one discussion post per month – so that means they have to be really thoughtful! Somewhere around June/July I completely lost motivation and creation for this.
- Link up weekly to the usual blog linkys. I didn’t keep up with this too well.
- Say “NO” more often. While I am not directly telling people “no,” I do have a more cavalier, DGAF attitude and am refusing to add jobs or tasks to my plate. I even refused to be the walking encyclopedia for my brothers. I actually told them to “Google it.”
- Make more time for me. During the school year this is difficult, but it was what I was aiming for. I didn’t do so well on it. I only had real me time over summer.
- Stay true to who I am. YEP!
- Drink more water. Epic fail.
- Take Baby on walks more frequently. I am a terrible mother.
- Leave school by 5 pm at least two days a week. Nope.
- Cook some of those delish meals from Pinterest. Ha!
- Worry less. Stress less. This is a work in progress.
- Write a novel with my good friend Pineapple? No progress.
Well, that was a resounding failure, right? Why do we do these things, again?
Hmmph. I don’t know. We like to build ourselves up and stay positive. I can respect that.
So, without further waylaying, here are the things I want to do better at this year. *Note, I make no promises! Just a promise to do better.
My 2017 Do Betters
Bookish & Bloggish
- Meet my Goodreads goal of 52 books. This is an average of one book each week. (Super Secret Goal is 150. Shhhhh!)
- Meet each of my other bookish challenges – for the first year ever.
- Devote myself to increasing my NetGalley ratio by reading a minimum of 50 NG books. I am embarrassed to even say where I sit and how many books I have received.
- Listen to an audiobook on average every other month.
- Read a title beginning with each letter of the alphabet.
- Continue to keep my blog updated. (Review Archive, Challenges, Monthly Chit Chats updated monthly)
- Cross-post reviews to Goodreads and Amazon at the end of each month during monthly housekeeping.
- Link up weekly to each meme’s linky. Link all posts to my Google+ group weekly.
- Review my backlog of review books (ebooks) directly from authors. Only a handful come to mind.
- I will TRY to stop grabbing freebies AND be super selective with new NetGalley offerings. I WILL read the synopsis each time and not fall for cover love.
- Worry less. Stress less.
- Leave school by 5 pm at least two days a week.
- Say “NO” to new jobs or tasks pushed off on me by others. This primarily applies to my work life, but occasionally to my brothers.
- Make more time for fun me things, like pleasure reading, dedicated Netflix binging (without multitasking), unfettered salon days.
- Pay off all of my personal debt (excluding my car and student loan). Keep credit cards paid off monthly.
- Work on my writing project. Perhaps in aims of working toward a writing partnership with my good friend Pineapple.
- Finalize my curriculum brain child, Shark Week – a PBL, for national/international publication or sale.
- Take Baby on walks more frequently.
- Drink more water daily.
- Lose 20 pounds – and keep it off!
- Eat out “fast food” less. This requires me to be home and make a conscious effort to cook for both dinner and lunches.
- Find new recipes to try. Also, maybe somewhere to stockpile easy access to recipes on phone? Any suggestions for a method?
- Try new hair and makeup tips and tutorials.
- Update my resume and apply for new jobs.
- MOVE IN WITH THE MAN. Be a family under ONE roof! 🙂
- Declutter. Papers, physical items, clothes, jewelry (?), email folders. Everything!
8 thoughts on “Merry Mondays #6 – 2017 Resolutions”
I definitely need to do the credit card one for sure. I love listening to audiobooks, especially when it’s a really good narrator. Good luck on your resolutions, Charlie and have a great 2017!
New Bloglovin follower
That’s the one that’s been hanging over my head since my former engagement. I think I need to get a budget system in place. I followed back! Thanks for stopping by and have a great new year!
If I wrote down my goals, I imagine we would have a lot in common. 🙂 I like that you call them “Do Better” resolutions. 🙂 Happy New Year!
Resolutions sounds so…resolute. Do Betters you can always improve on!
[…] Merry Mondays #6 […]
my netgalley ratio taunts me… i feel your pain 🙂
[…] Merry Mondays #6: 2017 Resolutions […]
[…] sure what I wanted to track, and I’m still not really sure. I should probably revisit my 2017 do betters list and regroup. You can see when I started my bullet journal by my sleep tracker. I get below minimal […]