To grow your TBR pile responsibly and read the books you already own.
You have ‘em, now read ‘em!
This challenge will run from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
- Read books that are in your personal library that were obtained before January 1, 2017.
- Responsibly obtain books for your personal library.
You may wish to abstain from purchasing books or set a book budget for yourself.
You decide the best way to get control of your TBR pile and read the books you
- Library books (and textbooks) do not count for the challenge. You may use your library to obtain different formats of books you already own and count those towards your goal.
Building The Shelf Love Challenge Community
The Shelf Love Challenge is about more than just clearing your shelves. We want to build a community of readers. We encourage you to visit the other participants and encourage them throughout the year. To help build this community, please link up each quarter and participate in the discussion posts.
- December 2016/January 2017: I’m joining in the #ShelfLove Challenge! Tell us your goals for the challenge this year. Will you be going on an all out book buying ban or are you setting a budget? Share pictures of your TBR piles or link up to your GoodReads Shelves.
- March/April 2017: Top books that have been on your shelf the longest that you haven’t read
- June/July 2017: Mid-year check in post. How are you doing with the challenge? Look back at your January post and let us know how you are doing. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile.
- September/October 2017: Top Books/Genres You are Addicted To
- December 2017/January 2018: End of the Year Check in Post. Look back at your June and January posts and let us know how you did this year. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile. Would you do the challenge again in 2018?
My Goal: 51+ Books
My Shelves and I Are Going Steady
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Somebody Like You by Donna Alward
- X: A Novel by Ilyasah Shabazz and Kekla Magoon
- Crows & Cards by Joseph Helgerson
- Chasing Fireflies by Taylor Dean
- King of the Friend Zone by Sheralyn Pratt
- To Move the World by Regina Sirois
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Blue Like Elvis by Diane Moody
- Misty Lake by Margaret Standafer
- The Black Sheep by Patricia Ryan
- Blue Steal by Marnie St. Clair
- Tumble Creek by Louise Forster
- On Lone Star Trail by Amanda Cabot
- April’s Glow by Juliet Madison
- Without Borders by Amanda Heger
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- Treasured Dreams by Kendall Talbot