Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists. For the list of past topics and future schedule, click here.
Characters I’d Name A ________ After
This is such a fun topic! I will not disclose any baby names. Women, never do this! Don’t tell anyone your baby names until it is too late. They will STEAL them! References: my mother telling her older sister her baby name years before I was thought of and my aunt stealing my name, my BFF’s cousin-in-law stealing her #1 girl name, same BFF’s cousin stealing her mother’s #2 girl name, etc. I won’t reveal them. Sorry!
Characters I’d Name a DOG After
- Dodger — from Dodger and Oliver and Company
- Talbot — from A Love That Never Tires
- Peppi — Awkard
- Byron — The Watsons Go To Birmingham
- Ripley — The Lumberjanes
- Lani — Not Always Happenstance
- Crispin — Water Nymph
- Phoenix — This Heart of Mine
- Averi — School for Adventurers: The First Fight
- Harley — Christmas at Copper Mountain
- Ardis, Wendel, Asphodel, Lazarus– Shadows of Asphodel, Storms of Lazarus
Characters I’d Name a CAT After
I realize some of these names are ridiculous, and then I realized there are so many people who don’t take cats seriously that these names work!
- Fezza — Level Up
- Uncle Louie – Lost in Yonkers
- Watson — The Watsons Go To Birmingham
- Kitty Hawk — Code Name Verity
- Dinky — Dog Goner
- Westly — Westly
- Clara — You Can’t Get Blood Out of Shag Carpet
- Amory — Murder at the Brightwell
- Tallenmere — Hearts in Exile
What are your favorite character names?