The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received, and share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead. To get in on the Sunday funday, see the rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
Remember, there are free audiobooks all summer long! Sign up for the text alerts to remember to grab them each week!
Nothing spectacular happened this week. I didn’t really accomplish as much reading as I intended. I spent a lot of time catching up on Pretty Little Liars since the new season kicked off.
I did have some school duties to do this week – getting everything together to register my yearbook officers for the summer workshop. Since school is out and some of them were not even students in the grade I teach, it was slightly difficult getting all the paperwork out to parents, and then getting it back in time.
A lot of family shit went down this week, resulting in my mother calling the sheriff and a series of other events. The only humorous thing in it all was a relative accusing my mother of ignoring her “emotionally distressed son” – and not the high school one who lives at home. They meant my oldest brother, who is 23, married, has 2 kids, and just bought a house. Ha! He, his wife, and I all had a good laugh over that. I also learned two very important things that I never knew growing up, both that will help my mother. Otherwise, I don’t want to say too much, but we are going to see an attorney next week to start proceeding to shut down the dick in the family. Legit dick who seems to all of a sudden be scared.
~ Last Week on G1000W ~
- Sunday Post ~ The Quiet Week
- Cover Characteristics ~ Classrooms
- Summertime Challenge ~ Non-Bookish Post
- Blast + Giveaway ~ Emoji Adventures: The Horse Party
- Top Ten Tuesday ~ Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
- First Chapter First Paragraph ~ The Earl’s New Bride
- Summertime Challenge ~ Non-Bookish Hobbies I Enjoy
- WWW Wednesday
- Summertime Challenge ~ Summer Television Series I’m Enjoying
- Blast + Giveaway ~ Raising Sleeping Stones
- Famous Last Words #7
- Summertime Challenge ~ Summer Romance Books
- Feature Follow Friday ~ Standalones I Wish Were Series
- Summertime Challenge ~ Share the Summer Love
~ This Week on G1000W ~
- Cover Characteristic ~ Ladders
- Summertime Challenge ~ Write a Good/Bad Summer Poem
- Review ~ Lost in Yonkers
- Top Ten Tuesday ~ FREEBIE
- First Chapter First Paragraph ~ TBD
- Summertime Challenge ~ Favorite Quotes from Books
- WWW Wednesday
- Summertime Challenge ~ City Summer Spotlight
- Famous Last Words #8
- Thoughts on Thursday ~ TBD
- Summertime Challenge ~ Challenge Wrap Up
- Feature Follow Friday ~ Bookcase Tour
~ New Arrivals to Land of 1000 Wonders ~
Scott Cramer, author of The Toucan Trilogy, sent me signed copies of the entire series after my efforts to rewrite the official blurbs for the books. I’ve done the first two books so far and will be working on the third. You can see my blurbs on Amazon!
~ Around Town in the Spotlight ~
- Nick and Nereyda @ Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Book Lists shares their list of book characters they’d like to punch in the face
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide listed 15 YA books for readers with wanderlust
- Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews is co-hosting a summer reading program with an EPIC giveaway
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wonders if celibacy shaming is a thing
- Cait @ Paper Fury tells what book bloggers actually do
- Meredith @ Pandora’s Books is celebrating her third blogoversary
8 thoughts on “Sunday Post ~ Shit Just Got Real”
Ugh, I’ve had my fair share of family drama in the past but luckily, it is in the past. Hopefully you can all get it sorted out and move on with life!
Have a great week! 🙂
Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature
Ug, I hate family drama. My family has a lot of it, too. I hope everything works out for you!
It’s been brewing for a while, but after my mother was threatened and property stolen, it’s the end of the line.
Sorry to hear about your family fighting. I hope things turn out alright. Here’s my Sunday Post: https://rabbitearsblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/the-sunday-post-meme-16/
Oh my family drama is the messiest. Hopefully it clears up soon. Hope all is quiet this week!
I’m so sorry for the issues with your family *Hugs* But thank you for sharing a link to my Blogoversary post!!! ❤
Thanks, Meredith! It’s going to be a battle.
[…] Sunday Post ~ Shit Just Got Real […]