The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received, and share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead. To get in on the Sunday funday, see the rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
By definition, how long is a reading slump? I still feel like I’m in mine, but I’m forcing myself to read. I now feel like how my kids complain.
Happy Valentine’s Day! The man made reservations for us tonight at this new Irish restaurant. He is Irish through and through, and we talked last week about how there aren’t really places down here with Irish food. The goob forwarded me the reservations. 🙂
He also bought Baby her own (durable) swimming pool. She didn’t like it, wouldn’t go near it. She’s been in a pool before, but she remembers the last time he and she were near water together: a bath. Last night we were able to coax her in by throwing balls into the pool. She didn’t swim, but she did get in a couple times.
In Yearbook news, our rep quit on us. The area manager was supposed to meet with me on Thursday and never showed. Called 40 minutes after the meeting time. My principal, her secretary and I were pissed. When I informed them my principal would be at the rescheduled meeting, they WIGGED out. Maybe they shouldn’t be so rude. Additionally, I’ve had several “staff” quit, so I recruited some of my sixth grade students to help with the yearbook. They showed up Thursday and I gave them a page. Ain’t nobody got time with this BS with a March 1 deadline.
~ Last Week on G1000W ~
- The Sunday Post ~ Ferrets, Fish & Vet Bills
- Review ~ Treasured Lies
- Cover Characteristic ~ Statues
- Release + Giveaway ~ Please Don’t Tell My Parents I’ve Got Henchmen
- Top Ten Tuesday ~ Great Valentine’s Day Reads
- WWW Wednesday
- Blast + Giveaway ~ How to Train Your Knight
- Thoughts on Thursdays ~ How I’ve Changed as a Reader
- Blast + Giveaway ~ Extra Curricular
- Blast + Giveaway ~ Fast Track to Glory
- Blast + Giveaway ~ Ashes of Autumn
~ This Week on G1000W ~
- Cover Characteristic ~ Cemeteries
- Top Ten Tuesday ~
- WWW Wednesday
~ New Arrivals to Land of 1000 Wonders ~
I’ve been really good! Nothing new! But I did do this. 🙂
~ Around Town in the Spotlight ~
- Emz believes these seven characters would celebrate the Lunar New Year
- Cait gives the pros and cons of character descriptions
- Brittany discusses the difficulty and struggle in saying no
- Shannon advocates for the term bookperson, and if it’s possible to love too many books
- Beth’s reading ban is more of a guideline
~ Open Giveaways ~
City of Legends | Not Always Happenstance | Sexual Confessional
5 thoughts on “Sunday Post ~ Roses and Hearts”
I hope you’ll let us know how dinner was! I love trying new restaurants.
Absolutely delicious. I could not stop saying how good the food was. He did a pretty stellar job picking that place!
Baby is so cute! I hope dinner was great! I usually re-read a favorite when I’m in a slump, hope it goes away soon! ♥
Baby has stolen his heart. Dinner was fabulous. I swear to God every other bite I kept telling him, “This is sooooo goooood.” It was delicious and the desert – Lordy! I wanted to sit there and keep ordering food off the menu like nobody had to pay for it!
[…] The Sunday Post ~ Roses and Hearts […]