The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received, and share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead. To get in on the Sunday funday, see the rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
I finally updated my Sunday Post icon. I don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner. This falls in line with all the updated and new things going on around Land of 1000 Wonders! 🙂
The new school semester started with a repeat of the fall. My great-aunt Tennie passed away on New Year’s Eve. I attended the funeral on my first day back at work. She was one of those women who are one of those sweetest people you know. In her marriage portrait she looked exactly like Judy Garland during her Wizard of Oz days.
My brother threw a birthday party for his wife, and the man met everybody. It was a bittersweet event since the man’s ex is refusing to return Lucy and a bunch of additional stuff is going down. The man has the wheels in motion to get it all straightened out, but it will be rough waters for the next few months. Needless to say, absolutely nothing looks good for her in any possible light. It was a very quiet and bittersweet weekend without Lucy. He is missing her, I am missing her, Baby is missing her. Bad. There is a part of our semi-family missing, and it makes all the difference. Hopefully we see some movement this week on the Lucy front and the other unresolved things. In the meantime, during his night of raging anger, he fixed something in “my” bathroom and trimmed up the tree in the yard that keeps scraping my car when I pull in or leave the driveway. Can we keep him? 🙂
School is crazy as ever. Five million directions at once. And this crazy right here couldn’t say no when I was asked to take over our school’s yearbook and be the Yearbook Adviser. Goodbye, 5:00 resolution.
The allergist last week did the wrong test, so I have to go back again. She also referred me for lung functionality testing given some other things we discussed. Tomorrow I do the lung testing and bloodwork for the avocado allergy. I go back in February for the other allergy test – on my birthday.
Baby is loving the man’s mattress heating pad gift. She does not want to get out of bed in the mornings to go out. The landlord left a rat trap in my oven broiler. It would have been nice to know before I started cooking! When I walked back into the kitchen it was filled with smoke and that smell is still not out.
~ Last Week on G1000W ~
- The Sunday Post ~ The Love Bug Days
~ This Week on G1000W ~
- Review + Giveaway ~ The Sound of the Stones
- Review + Giveaway ~ Broken Things to Mend
- Review + Giveaway ~ Feast of Fates
- Top Ten Tuesday ~ 2015s I Meant To
- WWW Wednesday
- Thoughts on Thursday ~ Tour Company Recommendations
- Feature Follow Friday ~ ?
~ New Arrivals to Land of 1000 Wonders ~
~ Around Town in the Spotlight ~
- Dana has a FREE January printable calendar
- Jon shares about the Corrine Penguin employee catfish scam
- Berls admits she doesn’t comment back, she builds relationships
- Amy is calling all self-help reviewers
- Faye thinks contemporary books make a difference
- Emz uses Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to talk importance of diversity
- Katherine prepares an Agatha Christie guide for getting started
- Rachel analyzes her annual book spending
- Shannon makes it known she is a terrible DNFer
- Cait nabs a group of bloggers to predict 2016 YA genre trends
- Nicole discusses replying to comments on older posts
- Aimee creates criteria for book boyfriends
- Shannon lists the do’s and don’ts on Human Behavior 101: Things I Thought We Already Knew About Behaving in Polite Bookish Society