Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists. For the list of past topics and future schedule, click here.
Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit
- I have quit buying books for my classroom library. An entire shelf of books did not make their way back last year. I have spent almost $1,000 on books, including dropping $500 my first year at to support our school’s book fair. I am done buying books to be stolen.
- I need to quit putting off finishing A Fiery Cross (and Gone With the Wind). I have been “reading” these two since I was still in college, about halfway through.
- I also need to quit putting off reading my physical books. I need to make that TBR jar.
- I have quit lending my books to people. I don’t care if it makes me look mean. I’m tired of not getting them back.
- I need to quit going on downloading sprees for e-books, whether it’s the Amazon freebies or NetGalley. NetGalley is my nemesis.
- I have quit reading dystopian YA…and I don’t think I’m going back.
- I need to quit lusting after covers. Cover love gets the best of me.
- I have quit having anxiety over DNFing a book. I’m not saying I’m a DNFing fool, but I have definitely stepped up this year and told myself to move on.
- I think I have abandoned ever finishing the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. I don’t even know how many more books have been published since I stopped buying them.
- I have quit procrastinating when I’m not feeling like working on the blog. I try to do at least one or two productive things.