The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received, and share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead. To get in on the Sunday funday, see the rules here: Sunday Post Meme. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past week has been filled with mixed and conflicting emotions. I think Baby is finally flea-free! School is starting tomorrow and I don’t feel ready. One of my closest friends finally graduated. She had to wait three years to get into her program because only 27 students were accepted each year. It has been rough times for her, I remember many late night calls. I am so proud of her, but couldn’t be with her at her graduation ceremony. I went up instead for her pinning ceremony.
On the other end of the emotional spectrum, my family convened to gather up my grandfather’s papers and other documents to sort through. My father and I are both named after my grandfather, who passed away during the night early last week. Not even two weeks prior he was suddenly diagnosed with advanced bone marrow cancer after two weeks of intensive testing in the spring for cancer and other things.
My other grandfather, whom I talked a lot about last year on the blog, came home at the beginning of summer but my uncle is putting him back in a nursing care facility.
It is not an easy thing seeing such strong men of my childhood in these states. I don’t want to be sad and emotional, even though I am. So I am trying to think about good memories.
I wonder, what is a wonderful memory you have of a loved one?
~ Last Week on G1000W ~
These last two weeks have been jam-packed on the blog, so I thought I’d slow it down a bit and throw in a lull last week.
- Blitz + Giveaway ~ Accidental Butterfly
- Cover Reveal + Giveaway ~ Silenced in Surf
- Feature Follow Friday ~ Your Animal
~ This Week on G1000W ~
This upcoming week things will pick up again.
- Review ~ The Secret Keeper
- Top Ten + Giveaway ~ Dating Tips from Dad
- Cover Reveal ~ Starlet’s End
- Top Ten Tuesday ~ Syllabus for Ado Lit 101
- Spotlight ~ Singularity
- WWW Wednesday
- Thoughts on Thursday ~ Your Blog Post Recommendations
- Feature Follow Friday ~ Random Quote
~ Other Giveaways ~
~ Around Town in the Spotlight ~
Tomorrow starts off the first day of the Beat the Heat read-a-thon. Here are my plans. I still can’t decide on a goal because I know I will be busy, but last year I finished five of eight books. Perhaps I should set my goal at six?
I am also curious about how each of you operates your review policies. I have had requests closed for over a year. Read more here.
I stumbled across this article about the history of The Little Golden Books, which I mentioned in a recent FFF post. The best-seller and most known Little Golden Book is The Poky Little Puppy. I thought it was very interesting, so I had to share!
- Kimba is looking for challenge hosts for November 12-17th Ho-Ho-Ho read-a-thon
- Jennifer questions the growing trend of serials
- L.K. gives tips on how to grow your social media audiences
- Parajunkee’s View celebrates its sixth year with a giveaway
- Tina suggests ten books for young advanced readers
- Tina suggests ten more books for young advanced readers
- Holly explains how she rates books and guards her 5 stars
- Krystal is calling for guest posts to participate in Banned Books week
- Brittany shares several science-fiction reads
- Nicole provides a tutorial on how to set up Bloglovin’ folders