The Book Blogger Organization Challenge is hosted by Brittany at The Book Addict’s Guide and is in its beta period. It’s only a 6 month challenge that hopefully will start over again in July.
Each month focus on a specific aspect of blog maintenance.
- Being organized is NOT about planning every single thing. Being organized is about having a game plan, trying to stay ahead or things (or catch up on things) but NOT overscheduling yourself or stressing yourself out!
- This should really be more about figuring the ways you can set yourself up for success and not about scheduling every single little thing.
- Follow the month’s theme and work on what you can.
- You can join in any time.
This challenge will run from January 1 to June 30, 2015.
The Challenge Schedule
Here’s a general outline of what we’ll be focusing on each month!
- JANUARY: Reading challenges & resolutions
- Picking challenges, making resolutions, scheduling, forming plans, picking reading/blogging buddies,
- FEBRUARY: Blog maintenance
- Updating old reviews, pages, layouts, features/memes, contact info
- Clean up images, broken links
- MARCH: Social Media + Review Ooutlets
- Update social media accounts: bios, who you follow, delete old accounts you won’t use, resolve to use some accounts more
- Organize Goodreads shelves: duplicate copies, version of books, creating shelves, removing shelves
- APRIL: Graphics, HTML, CSS, Plug-ins
- Update graphics for posts/memes/events, update button, update header
- Learn Photoshop/Gimp/PicMonkey
- Brush up or try to learn simple HTML and CSS (for layouts, fonts, etc). Take this month to delve into the scary world of coding! (Or at least teach yourself one new thing!)
- MAY: Book clean-up + spring cleaning!
- Culling shelves, giveaways, donations, giving back borrowed books
- Reading books you were given as gifts, ARC catch up
- Rearranging shelves, updating Goodreads again, giving back borrowed books
- More cross-posting & cleaning up GR shelves
- JUNE: Freebie
- Recapping what you’ve organized, focus on biggest area of need, review TBR list