Quit “meaning to” write those discussion posts – and actually do it!
- You can join in any time. You don’t have to have a book blog.
- Sign up here.
- Link up your discussions each month. (MUST be book-related!)
- Share and comment on others’ discussions!
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2015
This challenge will run from January 1 to December 31, 2015.
Last year I started Thoughts on Thursday, which was my discussion post. I discovered that Thursdays typically were my empty day of the week, so it was perfect to slide in a discussion feature there seamlessly. I was doing pretty well with it…until school fully got underway. I had three good posts in August (about Goodreads, Minimizing and Tours), and one strong post in September (and two mediocre ones), one in October (the GIFs one!).
In five months I posted five true discussion posts. Basically one per month. Yes, it became a hassle, even with a log of ideas to write about. When I planned beforehand it wasn’t as stressful (and consequently as “oh well” when I didn’t post). I’ll start with my ideas from last year. This year my goal is to be a Creative Conversationalist (13 – 24 posts). This means 2 posts per month will get me fully to the upper end of my goal.
1. Why Do I Make Things Complicated? (1/8)
2. Online Identity (1/15)
3. ASK ME ANYTHING! (1/22)
4. Tags vs. Categories (2/5)
5. It All Began With… (2/19)
6. The Candy Book Tag (3/12)
7. Book Blow Out (3/19)
8. Etiquette When Responding to Authors (4/2)
9. Why I Stopped Reading YA (4/16)
10. How Do You Cull Your TBR? (5/7)
11. What is that JUNK in Your Synopsis (5/21)
12. Inside Out Tag (6/4)
13. Tour “3 or More” Review Stars (6/18)
14. Why I Love Romances (7/2)
15. The Art of Commenting (7/16)
16. My Shipshape Shelves (7/30)
17. Your Open Promotion Thread (8/6)
18. Review Policies (8/13)
19. Your Blog Post Recommendations (8/27)
20. Book Boyfriends (9/3)
21. Required Readings (9/17)
22. Review Archives (10/1)
23. Favorite Fall Fascinations (10/15)
24. Guest Post & Author Interviews (10/29)
25. Christmas Wish Lists (11/5)
26. Favorite Friendships (11/17)
27. Canva, Anyone? (12/9)