What are your top three book pet hates?
- Reviews containing little sustenance about the book. Telling me a couple things about a character or how you liked the book is not a book review.
- Books that have underdeveloped settings or main characters. Exploration and growth is what books are all about!
- Books that are treated horribly.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
Curled up in bed with my book and Baby!
Tell us three book confessions.
- I love physical books for re-reads and keepers, but…I love reading on my Kindle.
- During the school year, I read when I’m at stoplights.
- I made an entire unit of lesson plans and activities for language arts and social studies from The Hunger Games…which I have not finished. Only Mockingjay is left!
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Just last week on vacation! In front of D’s grandma…
The Husband Maker by Karey White was the winner! Charlotte’s nickname, based in sound honesty from her dating history, and her current situation were a bit much for me to take. I felt so bad for her!
How many books are on your bedside table?
I no longer keep books on my nightstand. 😦 I did before the move, and I ended up spilling something all over them! … and pretending that they weren’t there, so now all books are on the bookshelf.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I don’t usually eat while reading, not even snacks. I’ve never been a snacky person, and I find that if I’m trying to eat and also focus on something else like reading, writing, a post, or work that I become too engrossed in what I’m doing to eat.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
This is a difficult task. A lot of times it depends on the person, because no one wants to be pushing something off on others. Please don’t hate my picks!
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
I have three actual shelves on my bookcase, and then the top. I talked all about my bookshelves in this post.
It houses two of my favorite series – Bloody Jack and Outlander. I also have a collection of other chick lit books on the right and a couple odd ball ones I haven’t read yet.
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Explore new worlds!
What is your biggest reading secret?
I tried to catalog all the books I was downloading onto my Kindle when I started downloading hardcore. Obviously, I gave up that habit!
Who I’m Tagging:
I’m not going to tag anyone, but please join in if you would like to and leave the link to your answers in the comments so I can visit!