It is the Friday Feature Follow! I have successfully added the Sunday Post and WWW Wednesdays to Girl of 1000 Wonders and I’m on roll with it, so I thought it was time to step it up! FF was the first weekly meme post I think I ever saw, but as a new blogger I was too intimidated to even figure it out. A year and a half later, look at me!
This week’s question:
What are your non-book guilty pleasures? (TV shows, food, websites, hobbies, etc.)
Ummm…non-book guilty pleasures? Does that mean I can’t read a book? 😉
I wouldn’t call these guilty pleasures, but other non-book things I have come to enjoy and am determined to make more time for:
- Keeping up with TV shows I’m interested in. I don’t watch TV, like at all, so this really requires positive word-of-mouth ravings.
- Gardening. I inherited a green thumb from my dad, and do not seem to be hindered by my mother’s black thumb. In fact, here is a picture of my patio. I have had the ivy for several years now, and D got the spider plant last year. All the others I have bought or planted from seeds! Like Parajunkee said, it can be quite expensive.
- Time with friends and family. Need I say more?
- Activities and hobbies to do WITH D – like gaming. It’s a favorite of his, so we play pretty much all the Lego games together.
- Writing. I REALLY want to get back to that this summer. It’s like I’ve been suppressing a vital part of me for a while now.
- Self improvement. I know this sounds silly, but I need to work on my makeup, hair and accessorizing skills. I have been too blase for too long. It’s time to step it up Charlie girl!
- I also need to work on puzzles. *opens closet* *puzzle explosion!*
- I enjoy working on crafts – I just need to find meaningful ones that are useful to me, or to someone else who I can make them for.
- SWIMMING and taking in the SUMMER SUN! I am dedicated to all things summer!
Next week’s question:Armchair Travel! Tell us about your favorite book in a setting you’d like to visit (a real place for this question)
What about you? What are your non-book hobbies and interests? Leave me a comment with your response and your Friday Follow.